“I’m worried that my milk hasn’t come in… He’s always hungry”, I said with tear- filled eyes. The sweet nurse told me that he looked like a well fed baby to her. It didn’t take me long to realize that my little baby boy loved me and loved for me to hold him. And so I held him… Some might call it spoiling, but this child seemed to need me. And to be honest, I couldn’t resist…
I don’t know if all little boys are this way, but mine sure is. I’m pretty sure that no other human has ever made me feel so loved. He was made to snuggle. He has that little boy smell, and I love it. If I call him handsome, he calls me beautiful… And I feel beautiful. After an especially busy day, when told that it is bed time, he objects saying, “But I haven’t gotten to snuggle with you very much”… Yes, I do let him stay up a little later. He says "Mommy, I love you" so sincerely, several times a day... Oh, how I love him, too.
And, I know that he is only mine for a little while… Eventually, boys do get too big to snuggle with Mom, although I do tell him that I will ALWAYS make him sit in my lap, even when he is fifty. One day, I probably won’t be the most beautiful woman in his world… That’s okay. I’m going to enjoy him in every stage of life… And get all the snuggles he will give.
Oh my gosh, Anna! I'm crying! I hope my little boy loves me like that!
ReplyDelete