Monday, July 13, 2009

“Now What was I going to say???”


I am a list maker. I always have a small spiral notebook in my purse. I frequently use the reminder feature on my phone… Super organized? Not so much. If I think of something I should to do, or an item that needs to be bought at the grocery store, you will see me frantically reaching for my notepad so that I can put the fleeting thought in writing before it has vanished. And I am not the kind who forgets completely. I remember there was SOMETHING I needed to do/say/buy, but for the life of me I cannot recollect what it was…

You see, my brain is constantly thinking. It’s like a constant inner dialogue that I just can’t shut up! Also, (this will most likely be shocking to you all) I am extremely distractable. I’ve heard it called the “Oooo shiny” syndrome. This forgetfulness carries over into many areas of my life. And the older I get, the more I realize that thoughts, ideas and events, big and small, that want forever etched into my memory must have a notepad of their own.


So, that is the main purpose of my blog. There are a small number of things to keep in mind to fully understand my prose. First, I can be sarcastic and lighthearted… Two things that do not always translate in toneless written word. But when not attempting to be humorous, I am extremely sincere. Also, as stated before, I tend to be easily distracted, so if my thoughts seem to bounce from one subject to another, don’t judge. I am also a huge fan of the typed facial expression, i.e. : ) and am likely to use them ad nauseam.

I am looking forward to sharing pieces of my heart and documenting my memories and thoughts before they are forever gone…..Hopefully, I will not forget my password so that I can continue to log on. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment