But, it just doesn't happen for me. Not at this point of my life. So, setting aside ALL perfectionistic tendencies, I am going to sum up the highlights (in chronological order, of course) of the first four months of 2013 right here. Right now. And I'm sure that all 13 of my blog readers will love every WORD of it!
Highlight number 1 - I got an iPhone. I'd had an android up until a few months ago. Not the same. I love you iPhone.... You are wonderful.
Highlight numbers 2 and 3 - Breanna and Joseph were both chosen as character kids. Joseph in January for the character trait of fairness.
And Breanna in February for the character trait of trustworthiness.
I'm not one to brag about my children's various achievements and awards (though they are many) but we all know that good character comes from God - so He gets all the glory for this one!
Highlight number 4 - A date night and an 11th anniversary. Super fun night and grateful to celebrate yet another anniversary with this guy... Who LOVES picture time.
The next day was the first soccer game of the season... Aren't they cute?!
Highlight number 5 - Easter pics! I'm the worst at remembering to take pictures, even though I try to make sure we all somewhat coordinate on Easter for the sole purpose of pictures. This year, I remembered. Please notice Joseph's first coat and tie - at his own request. What mother could say no to her son wanting to wear "a tuxedo" for Easter Sunday?! I could (and did) however deny Breanna's multiple requests for a dress with sequence, glitter or some form of brightly colored chiffon. No, Breanna... We go to church on Easter, not a Jersey Shore night club.
Highlight number 6 - Breanna turned 10! That's right people. TEN. There are so many things that are out-of-control ridiculous about this. First, I'm too young to have a 10 year old. Second, she is growing up way too fast and it really freaks me out. SLOW DOWN. Breanna is such a blessing to our lives - funny, smart, caring and so talented. Thank You, God for the gift of this sweet little girl.
That's about it, folks. God is still teaching me more than I ever wanted to learn... And by His grace, we are growing more into the image of His Son in our own messy, loud, rebellious, far-from-perfect way. The only reason I know this is because it's a biblical promise... And God does not lie. You know the one - He who began a good work in you will be faithful to carry it on to completion until the Day of Christ Jesus.
Thankful for a moment to reflect in the midst of a crazy few months. Grateful for His great faithfulness...


No comments:
Post a Comment